WOOL CARPET CAREMake sure you are taking the best care of your wool carpet.
How to Best Care for Wool Carpet
No matter how hard you try, at some point it is likely that you will get spots or spills on your wool furniture. Here at Delta Chem-Dry, we understand how valuable wool furniture is, and we know how much goes into providing the proper care. Spots and spills can be a carpet’s worst enemy, but if you act as quickly as possible, with the proper cleaning materials you will be able to deal with these accidents. Here are a few tips for caring for wool carpet.
Five Steps of Effective Wool Carpet Care
- Place absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Be sure to clean the mats when these mats become dirty. It is also a great idea to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems in order to keep dust particles out of the air.
- Maintain a routine vacuuming schedule. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. We recommend emptying the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full - or half empty depending on how you look at it ;).
- Pay special attentions to the traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs. These areas may require more frequent cleaning
- Always save a few paper towels along with cleaning solutions to quickly handle everyday spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout the greater Los Angeles area, including: Bel Air, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, West LA, Culver City, Mar Vista, Venice Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, El Segundo, Marina del Rey, Playa del Rey, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills Estates, San Pedro, Torrance, Lomita, Lawndale, Carson and more. Click here for service in the San Fernando Valley.